Green Hills Memorial Park Drought Response
Despite the recent rainfall, California is currently experiencing a three-year drought and now our governor has claimed the situation as an emergency. January we saw temperatures averaging between 75-80 degrees and requiring us to water our grounds according to summertime schedules.
Governor Brown is urging for 20% reductions. We believe Green Hills Memorial Park has a responsibility to do what we can to conserve water. It is a fine line between applying enough water to keep plants alive while keeping water usage within reason.
With minimal watering we may experience patches of brown in some areas. We will do our best to understand the complexities of plant survival versus water consumption. The winter season flowers we have planted may be affected with the warmer weather and expire earlier than usual. Some trees and plants are confused and already trying to bloom thinking spring has arrived. All of these components have created a new challenge for our grounds maintenance team.
We will not be perfect but you have our word we will continue to work hard and monitor weather forecasts so adjustments can be made as necessary. Let’s all wish for a very wet February, March and April and allow conditions to return to normal.
Additionally, this drought also pertains to our water usage at home. Below are a few basic tips you may consider to add to the overall conservation effort
• Check faucets and pipes for leaks
• Install water-saving shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators
• Turn off the water after you wet your toothbrush
• Plant drought-resistant lawns, shrubs and plants
• Water during the early parts of the day; avoid watering when it’s windy
• Use a broom, not a hose, to clean driveways and sidewalks
Thank you for your understanding and support!
A Peaceful Setting, For Peace Of Mind
With over 120 acres of landscaped property overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Palos Verdes Peninsula, Green Hills Memorial Park offers families an exceptional array of memorial properties to honor and commemorate loved ones. Let us help you plan ahead to secure the right memorial property for your needs, while securing your family’s peace of mind. Learn more.
Is there a “missing piece” in your sense of security?
We may spend our entire lives planning for our financial security and that of our loved ones, yet most of us still have a “missing piece” in our planning… and it can cause the ones we love doubt, fear, and financial insecurity.
- Most of us assume our loved ones know our end-of-life choices.
- Few people are aware of all the decisions required 72 hours after a death.
- Many people are not aware that cemetery costs need to be paid in full prior to burial.
- Not everyone knows that life insurance benefits are received long after the burial has occurred.
- Too many people unwillingly leave these final expenses for their loved ones to assume.
67% of all arrangements are made by widows and children.
By making arrangements for your final resting place, the “missing”piece”"in your family”s security can be found at Green Hills Memorial Park.
- Protects you against the rising cost of inflation.
- Ensures your cemetery wishes are honored.
- Avoids emotional overspending that often occurs.*
- Allows you to make arrangements together, not alone.
- Allows you to take advantage of cash discounts.
*Since 1933, the cost of dying has increased 25% faster than the cost of living.
The only memorial park in the Los Angeles area with ocean views.