Snow Falls at Green Hills Memorial Park
Nearly 2,000 guests, mostly children, participated in the first annual “Let It Snow” event at Green Hills Memorial Park on Sunday, December 8, 2013.
The event, held near the historic St. Peter’s church, was another in a series of opportunities for the public to enjoy the Green Hills’ park environment. Several tons of snow created sledding tracks as snow fell from the church bell tower. Guests were treated to a special appearance by Santa, posing for pictures with children and adults alike. A beautifully lit sleigh gave visitors an opportunity for an old fashioned sleigh ride complete with Christmas caroling.
Refreshments of hot drinks and cookies were a welcome relief from the cold as many visitors took time to create special ornaments to place on the Memorial Christmas Tree. As the South High Southland choir sang “Oh Christmas Tree”, Santa officially lit the 15 foot tree along with several smaller trees. These trees will be lit each evening through the holiday season.
A Peaceful Setting, For Peace Of Mind
With over 120 acres of landscaped property overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Palos Verdes Peninsula, Green Hills Memorial Park offers families an exceptional array of memorial properties to honor and commemorate loved ones. Let us help you plan ahead to secure the right memorial property for your needs, while securing your family’s peace of mind. Learn more.
Is there a “missing piece” in your sense of security?
We may spend our entire lives planning for our financial security and that of our loved ones, yet most of us still have a “missing piece” in our planning… and it can cause the ones we love doubt, fear, and financial insecurity.
- Most of us assume our loved ones know our end-of-life choices.
- Few people are aware of all the decisions required 72 hours after a death.
- Many people are not aware that cemetery costs need to be paid in full prior to burial.
- Not everyone knows that life insurance benefits are received long after the burial has occurred.
- Too many people unwillingly leave these final expenses for their loved ones to assume.
67% of all arrangements are made by widows and children.
By making arrangements for your final resting place, the “missing”piece”"in your family”s security can be found at Green Hills Memorial Park.
- Protects you against the rising cost of inflation.
- Ensures your cemetery wishes are honored.
- Avoids emotional overspending that often occurs.*
- Allows you to make arrangements together, not alone.
- Allows you to take advantage of cash discounts.
*Since 1933, the cost of dying has increased 25% faster than the cost of living.
The only memorial park in the Los Angeles area with ocean views.